Applying for an Apprenticeship with Somerset Skills & Learning couldn’t be more straightforward. Whether you are already employed or not if your looking for an Apprenticeship here’s how.
- If you want more help, advice or information please complete our enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you to discuss your options. Click HERE
- If you are ready to apply you can complete and submit our fully interactive application form following this link. Application Form
We currently have vacancies across Somerset, to find out more click HERE
‘SS&L were really quick- I completed my initial assessment and application form, the Recruitment and Training Officer contacted me on the Tuesday, I had an interview on the Friday and was able to start my apprenticeship straight away – really quick and simple’
Amy - Business Administration Apprentice
Once we have received your enquiry or application we will contact you by email or telephone with a link and login details for an initial assessment.
The purpose of the assessments is to establish:
· Your functions skills level (Maths and English)
· Your preferred Learning Style
· Any support requirements you may have to successfully complete your apprenticeship.
The Initial Assessment is an Assessment, NOT a test, there is no time limit set for its completion. However, it is expected that you should be able to complete within an average of 20 minutes.
When these are completed and returned to us we will send you a date, time and venue for an appointment with one of our experienced Recruitment and Training Officers and further diagnostic assessments. They will support you during your application, employer interview and through to the sign up and start of your apprenticeship.
Congratulation for choosing an Apprenticeship and good luck with your application, assessment and interview.
Somerset Skills & Learning guarantee you advice and support to achieve your career goals.
If you have not secured an employment opportunity within 8 weeks of initial contact you will be offered Careers and Learning Advice and Guidance and an alternative learning opportunity appropriate to your career aspiration and skills/support needs.
To apply for an apprenticeship you can use this form:
Application Form in an interactive PDF Format - Click to download
Applying is quick and simple; our expert recruitment team can help you with your application, and answer any questions you may have. Call them on 01278 426 828 or email SS&LEnquiries@somerset.gov.uk
Fill in the application form, send to Somerset Skills & Learning, Robins Drive, East Quay, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4DL or email to SS&LEnquiries@somerset.gov.uk
On receipt of your application, you will be asked to complete an online initial assessment and be interviewed to help us to determine which level of Apprenticeship is right for you.
- Once your assessment results have been considered you will be invited back for feedback/interview
- You will be interviewed by one of our occupational recruitment officers who will confirm which level of Apprenticeship is most appropriate and that the area in which you wish to work matches your interests and career plans
- Once you have been offered an Apprenticeship place, your name will be added to our database in order that we can help find you employment. We currently have many employers waiting to take Apprenticeships on but in some areas you may have to find employment yourself. You will be advised on the approach you will need to take..
- Once employment has been arranged, you will be inducted into your Apprenticeship programme